Reference Number: JO-2001-443788
Executive Director, Business Intelligence
Job Type: Permanent
Location: United States
A world leading pharmaceutical research business in New Jersey near NYC requires an Executive Director Business Intelligence.
The Executive Director, Business Intelligence is responsible for delivering direct value to the Neurology and Oncology commercial business leaders by developing, driving and implementing the execution of the Business Intelligence team strategies.
The Executive Director will be responsible for attracting and developing new and existing talent. In order to achieve short, mid-term, and long range goals for the organization, the team will focus on developing innovative and advanced analytics, design and execution of research (primary, secondary and competitive intelligence), sales force effectiveness, forecasting, and execution reporting.
The Executive Director will serve as a key innovative and strategic partner to the executive leadership with the ability to provide unique concepts and approaches to enable the business to Break Through existing and future challenges. This leader will play a key role in providing key insights to the business and must possess the ability collaborate with partners and effectively raise and debate strategic questions, taking counter positions when necessary to influence the team toward well-informed decisions. The role will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, mentorship and management to the BI team.
Additional key responsibilities for this position include:
Delivering insights that lead to actions and adjustments to accelerate demand for our products
Partnering with internal clients, prioritize deliverables and manage the workload for the team
Developing, implementing and maintaining the required infrastructure to enable the function to effectively & efficiently meet or exceeds its goals, targets, objectives and other expectations
Developing individual direct reports and advance proficiency in best in class insight generation
Creating a robust succession plan for all key positions within the function
Effectively managing third party suppliers and associated budgets
1. Providing innovative and strategic thought leadership, direction and overall strategies in leading the development, design and flawless execution of research (primary, secondary, and competitive intelligence), data integration/reporting, forecasting, and analytics studies to inform the commercial organization (executive and operational levels) of the overall health of our business portfolio.
2. Serving as a subject matter expert/resource for complex projects requested by executive management in order to provide information (analyses/support) for strategic business decisions affecting the US business, and serving as a key coordinator of the business planning cycle and brand plan evaluation process in the commercial organization.
3. Driving continuous improvement in implementation and utilization of strategic frameworks to optimize development of insights, strategic imperatives and tactical plans for Neurology and Oncology brands.
4. Partnering with Sales and Marketing teams to identify and track KPIs that are tied to brand strategy
5. Attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining key talent, creating a culture for a high performing team
BS/BA degree required, advanced degree preferred
15 years relevant experience in the pharma industry. A minimum of 10 years of market research/business analytics experience.
Previous launch experience in US markets
Strong understanding of healthcare provider and consumer behavior in Rx categories
Project management skills
Budgeting skills commensurate with position/department
Vendor management, including negotiation of $10+ million dollar data service contracts
Ability to build organizational talent
Ability to lead transformational change in evolving pharma company
Previous experience working with partners or co-promotions
Strong influencing skills
Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, including experience of handling high volume, demanding, and detailed workloads to tight timelines; Ability to handle many tasks and setting shifting and competing priorities.
Ability to demonstrate diplomacy in difficult situations
Working knowledge in statistical modeling and forecasting
Working knowledge of both small molecule and bio-pharma/specialty market business models
Primary quantitative/qualitative marketing research/study designs
Knowledge of IT enabling systems (data warehouse, data processing, data visualization, technology support) for analytics and reporting capabilities
3rd party syndicated and non-syndicated data sources/providers
Knowledge of pharmaceutical secondary data sources, including Neurology & Oncology specific data sources
Epidemiology/disease prevalence data sources
Finance principles (NPV analyses/ ROI methodologies)
Good to Know: New product development market research and portfolio analysis disciplines;
Strong familiarity of life-cycle issues, managed care, generics and IP; Direct to consumer research methods
For more information on the role please CLICK APPLY and forward an up to date resume