Head of Medical Affairs
A world leading bio-tech firm based in California requires a Head of Medical Affairs to help develop their growing lines of innovative products challenging rare genetic diseases.
This role will suit a seasoned Medical Doctor with significant experience of leadership roles within Medical Affairs. Ideally a background in genetic or rare diseases would be desirable. The ideal candidate would be able to bridge between clinical development of new products and launching and marketing. Experience within the USA or EU would also be preferred.
Job duties include:
Define the value of Medical Affairs and the rare disease environment, including elevating the impact of the organization to optimize its contribution to success
• Deliver evidence-based information that enables the company to position and differentiate the company’s products to their maximum advantage.
• Develop, grow and maintain strong, scientific-based relationships with key opinion leaders and as appropriate to patient advocacy groups.
• Evaluate, approve and implement as appropriate post-approval registries and studies.
• Educate the commercial organization, key opinion leaders, payers, advocacy groups and other constituencies on the Company’s existing and evolving products and disease areas.
• Create and maintain mechanisms for the generation, analysis and dissemination of clinical and scientific information relating to competitive products and inform the broader organization of the impact of such developments on the clinical value proposition of the Company product portfolio. This includes enabling investigator-sponsored studies and strategic accountability for other Phase IV and IIIb clinical studies.
• Have a direct impact on healthcare policy as new medications, uses and value propositions evolve.
• Support discussions with third party payers / insurers relating to pricing and formulary negotiations.
• Foster an evidence-based, patient-oriented culture within the medical affairs and commercial organizations that is business-focused, collaborative and supportive of its key stakeholders.
• As a member of the Senior Leadership team, accountable for delivering on the business goals and enabling the engine of innovation.
• Lead, manage, mentor and develop employees within Global Medical Affairs so that they can achieve and exceed their performance objectives.
This is a key, high profile role within a fast growing Bio-tech and will report directly to the CMO but would also have some reporting lines to the Board. You will be responsible for assisting the business in taking their innovative product line to market.
To discuss this role please call us at Only Medics on 0044 118 959 4990 asking for Stuart Gilboy.
We recruit physicians into pharma in the UK, EU, Australia and the USA. Please contact us for a confidential discussion on your next career move in any of these areas.