Reference Number: JO-2009-455021
UK Medical Director
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central London / West End
UK Medical Director
Location: London / Large amount of flexible and remote working available
Salary: Competitive and flexible basic salary
Benefits: Bonus scheme, car allowance, Pension, Healthcare and more
Only Medics are currently partnered with a leading pharmaceutical organisation in supporting them with bringing on board a Medical Affairs Director for one of their most successful therapeutic portfolios. This role will line manage a large Medical Affairs team consisting of both office and field-based staff providing direct and indirect management across the UK. As part of this role you will be responsible for taking ownership of an established and growing product portfolio with several exciting launches upcoming in the next few years. Collaborating closely with above country teams you will have a large amount of input into the European and Global business units acting as the UK Lead for specific meetings.
As the Medical Affairs Director you will come on board and instantly influence the medical team taking control of an experienced function, developing the team in specific areas. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading organisation as they continue to grow and acquire new assets. Long term progression is available in new therapeutic areas and more senior positions within the business.
Responsibilities will include:
– Direct and indirect line management of a large Medical Affairs team consisting of both field and office-based individuals covering the UK & Ireland
– Responsible for the entire portfolio with upcoming launches specialised in Stem Cell therapies
– Work closely with UK / EU / Global leadership team providing relevant input at key meetings to oversee projects across the entire medical function
– Implementation of the Medical Affairs plan, responsible for gathering Real World Evidence collaborating with cross functional teams such as market access and or commercial
– Responsible for managing a large budget which will be used to lead and develop the therapeutic portfolio
– As a member of the leadership team you will be responsible for developing the Medical Affairs team making critical hires for the organisation when required
– GMC registered Doctor or registered Pharmacist
– Minimum 6 years experience in a dedicated Medical Affairs function
– Extensive line management experience in Medical Affairs overseeing both office and field-based staff
– Broad therapeutic background clearly demonstrating the ability to pick up new areas
– Excellent communication skills with a high level of commercial acumen
The successful candidate will receive an extremely competitive salary with an industry leading package to include the likes of a bonus scheme, car allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare and much more.
Contact/How to Learn More:
To find out more information or apply, contact Jacob Burrows on 01189 522 799 or email email@example.com
Only Medics Recruitment Ltd specialises solely on the recruitment of medics within the pharmaceutical industry across the UK and mainland Europe. We work with large, medium-sized and small pharmaceutical organisations as well as clinical research organisation and medical device companies.