Reference Number: JO-2002-446635
UK Medical Director Oncology
Job Type: Permanent
UK Medical Director
Salary: Executive level basic salary
Benefits: Shares, flexible bonus, car allowance and more
Only Medics are currently partnered exclusively with a leading pharmaceutical organisation in the source for their UK Medical Director for Oncology. Working closely with the UK General Manager you will be line managing a large Medical Affairs team directly and indirectly with headcount to increase the team size over the next 12-18 months. Sitting on the Oncology Leadership Team our client is seeking an agile and intellectual Medical Director to lead the function through an exciting few years involving the launch of several brand-new Oncology products. With responsibility of the entire global Oncology product portfolio this individual will need to come on board ideally with prior Oncology experience either in the NHS or in pharmaceuticals.
Not only will this individual be responsible for executing Medical Affairs strategy but also to build out their Real-World Evidence and Digital Data platforms, getting stuck in at all levels. With several Oncology launches on the horizon, the portfolio includes Gene Therapy, Cell Therapy, Haematology and more. Although this position is working at UK level a large portion of the role will be focussed on inputting and working closely with your global counterparts. Following a successful few years in this post, there are plans to promote this individual into a global role, should they be up for the challenge.
Responsibilities will include:
– Direct and indirect line management of the large Medical Affairs team consisting of Associate Medical Directors, Heads of Oncology specialities, Medical Managers, Medical Advisors, MSLs, Digital team, RWE team & Consultants
– Responsible for entire Global Oncology portfolio with a large input into early phase studies right through to the launched and established products
– Medical leader for the upcoming Oncology launches, responsible for all pre and post launch activity
– Working closely with the General Manager, implementing and executing Medical Affairs plans at a local level
– Develop the Medical Affairs team, formulating a plan for the Medical business
– Sitting on the Oncology leadership team, you will provide strategic expertise at a global level
– Ensure cross functional teams are working collaboratively, partnering with the commercial and regulatory teams
– GMC registered Medical Doctor
– Prior experience in the National Health System essential
– Solid background in Medical Affairs is essential
– ABPI Final Signatory preferred
– Leadership experience in Medical Affairs is essential
– Oncology experience is preferred but not essential
– High level of commercial acumen
– Excellent communication skills
The successful candidate will receive an extremely competitive salary with an industry leading package to include the likes of a flexible bonus scheme, shares, car allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare and much more.
Contact/How to Learn More:
To find out more information or apply, contact Jacob Burrows on 01189 522 799 or email email@example.com
Only Medics Recruitment Ltd specialises solely on the recruitment of medics within the pharmaceutical industry across the UK and mainland Europe. We work with large, medium-sized and small pharmaceutical organisations as well as clinical research organisation and medical device companies.